Whether you are buying or selling a home, you need to have an agent on your side. This is more of necessity, rather then an option. Rule number one, you don’t gain anything but not using one. The sellers are the ones who pay the agent a small commission. It’s usually between 5-15%. The remainder of the commission got to the office/real estate business.
There is a common misconception that the agent works for the seller. This is not always true. Do the math and the research. If you work alone, you will be shooting yourself in the foot, especially if you are someone who knows nothing about real estate.
What are the benefits?
1) The agent can help you figure out the affordability. He or she will map out a budget. When doing business, your agent will know what it’s in your price range and what’s not.
2) They usually have the MLS listings. You might think to yourself, “What’s the big deal?” It’s a very big deal. They have access to everything on the market, open and closed. They can get you into places which are not even listed yet. They have the advantage, whereas you do not.
3) Your agent will know information about the home that you don’t. Depending on how long a home has been on the market, they will know the ins and outs of the home. Based on this, they can narrow the search accordingly.
4) You agent will have access to other specialists in the business. He or she can tell you about the taxes and specific rates. They can tell you whether or not a specific home is listed accurately. You need this information on your side.
5) A proper agent will be on your side through everything. They can talk you through the process. If something doesn’t seem right, he or she will negotiate on your behalf. When you make an offer, always let your agent do it. They know how to haggle. They have experience and skills on their side, whereas you do not.
As the old saying goes, “Listen to someone who has been there before, they may know something you don’t.” And the team at Prescott Arizona Real Estate definitely been there and know what they are doing!